Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What bone did I break?

I fight in mixed martial arts competitions and I had a fight about 2 months ago, i injured the outside of my palm between my pinky and wrist while using a hammer fist to the side of my opponents head. I didn't think it was serious but training about a month later it began to hurt in the same spot but now I have very bad pains in the middle of my hand and base of my thumb. When I make a fist and put pressure on JUST my fingers and NOT my thumb, i still feel intense pain at the base of my thumb. However, the worst pain by far that I have in my hand is when I open my hand out and push my thumb and index fingure together, or do things like open bottle caps. I know I should see a doctor but I don't have health insurance so any help is greatly appreciated. I don't know if I've broken things or fractured or what. everytime i punch anything now it kills my hand. This is really slowing down my training. Thank you SO much for your time!!!

What bone did I break?
That bone you are describing the fifth metacarpal. If you break a bone in your hand it causes pain in your whole hand and can also cause pain in your wrist and forearm. You need an x-ray. Check your yellow pages for free clinics or call your local health department for a referral.
Reply:it sucks worrying about the cost but if you don't get it dealt with it will likely end your MMA career and cause you lifelong problems. The lonf=ger you put it off the worse it will get.


No comments:

Post a Comment